The perfect kick should strike the target with a single movement with as much speed and power as possible.
Every style of martial art has its own method of kicking and several kicking techniques depending on the direction, shape of the leg swing and thrust. There are however many things every style and every kick have in common.
- Knowing where your target is.
- Assuming the correct body position stance.
- Stabilising your body on the ground.
- Relaxing the muscles before the strike.
- Executing the correctly formed technique at or through the target.
- Knowing how the target is currently moving
- Understanding how the target are being blocked or open.
- Predicting where the target will be when the kick lands.
The gluteus maximus is not only one of the strongest muscles in the body, it is also the largest. Its main function is hip extension, which we perform when kicking, running, jumping, and many other movements. The gluteus are capable of producing great explosive and dynamic strength. And this muscle group along with the above techniques produces the perfect kick.